The next day my stomach was a little bit tight and it reminded what colitis is like. I felt much better about my decision after that. I didn't think much about it until the last couple of days when my colitis decided to flare back up. Despite the medication I'm on, my body can't even go colitis free for more than 30 days. I had some $2000 a dose remicade less than a week ago and my body is still flaring up. I was feeling so good about the whole thing. I just had to wait until January and I'd be done with all this. Would have been nice to have a semi-quiet holiday season and then surgery. Now I don't know what's going to be the next step.
I figure I'll call the surgeon tomorrow and ask her opinion. The way I see it my two options are to go back on prednisone (which has weird side effects) that I've been on for four out of the last six months and doesn't seem very effective. Or to move the surgery date up a couple of weeks.
So right now I'm in the "blah" stage of colitis where my energy level is low and I'm tired of being sick. It doesn't help that I'm a little bummed about the whole re-flare thing.