Mike called me around 3:00pm saying that the owners agreed to the offer. So I got the house for $140k which is probably pretty decent. Mike is going to drop some paperwork off (in the mailbox) around 4:30am tomorrow. He's working for Tri-met driving the redeye bus I guess. Apparently they're not going to be able to move out before the closing date so they're going to stay an extra three days (the weekend). So Mike suggested I charge them rent, which is a good idea.
1 Month Mortgage = $1150
3 days = 1/10 of a month
3 days = $115
We decided we'd split it. Which is fair, so I should be moving in around February 10th. That is assuming that this one passes the inspection. Hopefully this house will be better off than the last one. If nothing else the 8 (yes!) meg DSL connection I can get from work for free will keep me entertained.