* When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste.
* The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship: "I apologize" and "You are right."
* Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
* When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.
* If he or she says that you are too good for him -- believe it.
* I've learned to pick my battles; I ask myself, "Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?"
* Never pass up an opportunity to pee.
* If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!
* Living well really is the best revenge.
* Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just proves that the other person was right about you.
* Be really nice to your friends because you never know when you are going to need them to empty your bed pan and hold your hand.
* And finally... Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect; it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
-- author unknown